• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

dshnay

15+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
CA
Status (Visible)
I received an email from AMCAs that they have received all the official transcripts, now the question is what do I have to do in order for them to calculate my "GPA"? So this way if there's something wrong or they're lacking certain information, I wouldn't have to find out about it in the middle of june.

Thanks

dshnay

15+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
CA
Status (Visible)
I'm going for the 2008 cycle, I just wanted to be "complete" before jun 1st

About the Ads

ADeadLois

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I received an email from AMCAs that they have received all the official transcripts, now the question is what do I have to do in order for them to calculate my "GPA"? So this way if there's something wrong or they're lacking certain information, I wouldn't have to find out about it in the middle of june.

Thanks

You won't get your calculated GPA until your AMCAS is verified, which won't be until you officially submit your AMCAS, which won't be until after June 1st.

Nonnahs

Today is the greatest day
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2006
Sunny Florida
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
If you are filling out the AMCAS app now for the 2008 cycle, you're going to have to redo all of it when they open the applicable application up June 1. You could type all your responses now, copy and paste it into a word document, and then copy/paste it back June 1. If you really wanna. :D

TMP-SMX

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Is this a serious post or what? You won't be complete on June 1st no matter what you do. If you are still in school you need to send your latest transcript anyway. If you have your personal statement done already then good for you. Just have it ready to submit sometime in the early summer and you are far ahead a vast majority of the other people for the 2008 application cycle. If you have your LORs ready then you can relax until late summer.

Hassler

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

Thanks

They probably thought your transcripts are for this cycle. You might have to resend your transcripts when you apply in June.

dshnay

15+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
CA
Status (Visible)
If you are filling out the AMCAS app now for the 2008 cycle, you're going to have to redo all of it when they open the applicable application up June 1. You could type all your responses now, copy and paste it into a word document, and then copy/paste it back June 1. If you really wanna. :D

Thanks, I'll save all the info, and yes it's a serious post.
Thanks again!

DrBowtie

Final Countdown
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Classyville
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
It opens around May 1 and submissions open around June 1.

dshnay

15+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
CA
Status (Visible)
Thank you everyone for replying.
I originally assumed that I can just start filling out all the information right now for the 08 cycle, looks like I have to save all the work in ms word so it won't disappear in a couple of months

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.