Amcas Gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silverlion

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got my AMCAS verified. I've been to a couple of foreign institutions and have 3 years of undergrad course work in Biochemistry from India. As the Indian system has no grades but only percentage grading, I got my transcripts evaluated so that they could be transferred to the American University where I spent two years completing med school pre requisites and another major. While each and every course did not transfer I had to send all my course details to amcas. Because of all the variation I never really understood what my overall GPA was and had hoped that once AMCAS would verify the application they would also calculate the GPA.

Now that it has been verified I cant find anything about the GPA. Now I'm wondering whether AMCAS even calculates our GPA in the first place. have I been wrong in making this assumption? If they dont calculate it then who does? Do the individual schools calculate the GPA themselves?

Members don't see this ad.

To see your completed application with GPA, etc. you have to click the "Print Application" button on the main page. Open the downloaded file and you'll see everything you need.

Thanks...I'll try it out.. :)