AMCAS Grade Change Submissions (or whatever it's called)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allseasons

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I recently found out that I misnumbered a science course on my AMCAS, which turns an upper level course into a basic level course. Essentially, instead of saying MATH 3XXX (Calculus 3) it says MATH 1XXX (something equivalent to Calculus 1). I've already had a bunch of interviews and acceptances, so this hasn't really impacted anything (I think), and the course is named correctly, but the number is incorrect, and my AMCAS verifier clearly didn't catch it.

Is this something I should even bother to change? I think AMCAS permits transcript related changes post-submission, but it seems like a hassle and idk if this is a mistake that even matters.

Members don't see this ad.

Let sleeping dogs lie, leave it alone. You might need a short letter to explain for the school where you matriculate at but even that is unlikely
yea, especially because I have like 5 advanced math courses, and I usually used advanced mathematical statistics to fulfill any math competency requirements, so this mistake isn't even relevant to filling pre-reqs. I just wasn't sure if my app would be flagged for some discrepancy post-acceptance when they review my transcript. I seriously doubt it would have any effect even then (like why would a school rescind my acceptance over this lol), but it might be more of a hassle to fix it down the line rather than fix it now? I'll just let it be for now though, thanks!