AMCAS help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm stuck on the post-sec experiences section. I don't have that many ECs, probably will fill less than 10 slots. I have a lot of questions though :confused: . So I appreciate any input on this!!

If I have graduated and am currently working, what should I put as an end date for this job if I don't intend to quit it?

Does it look bad to quit a volunteering experience just prior to submitting?
I just don't have time for this particular activity anymore.

If we have multiple scholarships, do we list each one in a separate slot?
What can I possibly write about a scholarship, especially one offered before freshman year?

Are any of you putting in Dean's List? Most applicants probably have been on it.

Should I list a research experience if I only put about 2 hours a week into it and haven't done much actual work, mostly observed?

If I volunteered for a year 4 hours a week but took some breaks (skipped 2-4 weeks), do I still put in an average of 4 hours/week?

Sorry it's so many questions. I'm interested in how you guys dealt with these. Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I put down dean's list...and I left the dates until the end of my senior year if I was still doing it.

I didnt make a specific heading for "Physician Shadowing" and completely left out the fact I am doing some at Mayo this summer. But I didnt mention it in another experience...but I am worried no one will read it. So make a heading for everything in retrospect

Apparition said:
I'm stuck on the post-sec experiences section. I don't have that many ECs, probably will fill less than 10 slots. I have a lot of questions though :confused: . So I appreciate any input on this!!

If I have graduated and am currently working, what should I put as an end date for this job if I don't intend to quit it?

Does it look bad to quit a volunteering experience just prior to submitting?
I just don't have time for this particular activity anymore.

If we have multiple scholarships, do we list each one in a separate slot?
What can I possibly write about a scholarship, especially one offered before freshman year?

Are any of you putting in Dean's List? Most applicants probably have been on it.

Should I list a research experience if I only put about 2 hours a week into it and haven't done much actual work, mostly observed?

If I volunteered for a year 4 hours a week but took some breaks (skipped 2-4 weeks), do I still put in an average of 4 hours/week?

Sorry it's so many questions. I'm interested in how you guys dealt with these. Thanks!!!

If you are going to continue to work, I would put an expected ending date.

I don't think it looks bad that you are quiting something before AMCAS submission. As long as you are doing something, it would look to me that you are moving on to do something different.

I clumped some of the scholarships that I got together, because ultimately they were for my graduate study. For description, I put who or which organization gave me the scholarship, how difficult or special it was to get it (maybe some statistical info: i.e. 2/5,000 people got it), and how I used it.

I put Dean's List as a one category and listed all the semsters I was on it. For Dean's List, there wasn't anything that needed to be described. Pretty self-explanatory.

I would put your research experience though it was 2 hours/week. It still is a learning experience that some people might not have had at all.

I would still put it as 4 hours/week, because they are asking for an estimate.

Good luck! :D