1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

AMCAS Ignore Application Status Emails ?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Sammmeyeam, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Sammmeyeam

Sammmeyeam Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Anyone else emailed AMCAS with the subject line "Application Status" ?

Did anyone actually get a response?

I've emailed them like 3 times in the past 3 weeks, and I still haven't got a response.

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I've tried sending one with "transcript status" three different times. Every two weeks, I get a canned response telling me to use the proper subject heading in my message (which is "transcript status" by the way).

Gotta love AMCAS. The phone is really the only way to get information. If you can even get it that way...

4. Haiku

Haiku Member
    10+ Year Member

spacecadet,
    i just sent two messages with the subject "transcript verification." (i forgot to include my ss#, so i had to email again). anyhow, i got an answer the next day!

i hope this helps.
    good luck,
    cs

5. sz

sz Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'v sent several "application status" notes as well ... with no responses so far.

6. JenniferC15

JenniferC15 Member
    7+ Year Member

Writing "transcript verification" instead of "transcript status" as AMCAS requested in their email definitely works! I've written for weeks and heard no response, so I tried "transcript verification". I got an email back in two hours...wow that was the most efficient thing I've ever seen AMCAS do!

7. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I sent an e-mail with the subject "Transcript Status" and got an answer back in about 5 days. Hopefully the answer was correct (that received my 2 transcripts).

8. allengal

allengal Member
    7+ Year Member

I emailed them two times about my transcripts....the first time I waited a couple of weeks before I emailed again and I waited another week. Finally I just emailed them and let them know how annoyed and disgusted I was and that I had already emailed them twice. I also put in there that they had already slowed the whole process down and that I didn't want my transcripts to hold it up also. They responded the next day....whether they were replying to my first email or not, I don't know. But it felt good to tell them what I thought.

9. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I e-mailed them with the subject line "transcript status" and it took forever for them to reply, but they finally did, saying they had all of my transcripts. By then, of course, I'd already called and gotten the information!