AMCAS listing service

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Big Bill

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a good time to ask this question. Do you think that AMCAS should create a listing service like the Law School Data Assembly Service. We can apply with one central service, give only one set of References, one essay, and one set of transcripts. That way we dont have to send so many different things to different medschools when they request them. Right now it looks like they are trying that but it doesnt include references. When medschools ask for this info they could get it from the listing service. What do you think. :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

It is certainly feasible - after all, we have one for residency matching for *most* specialties: ERAS.

It was MUCH easier, MUCH more efficient, and I would be the first to state that in this day and age there is little reason for schools to have to drown in pages and pages of paper.

The AMCAS/AACOMAS processes are much more complicated than they need be (although they have gotten better since they have moved the applications on-line - obstensibly with some bugs from what I read here).

You have my vote (as much as it counts). ;)