AMCAS/LORs Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted621740

Hey folks,

I'll keep this short:

My University only sends out letter packets through its private letter service.

I have done research internships at Mass Gen. and at the NIH, and my PIs from both wrote me letters. I had them both upload their letters to my university's private letter service.

Will schools care if I have letters from external writers included in my letter packet? I would hate to have to burden my PIs by having them re-upload their letters directly to AMCAS, but I will if needed.

Will schools mind this? Has anyone done it without problems?

Members don't see this ad.

My school used a private letter service and All but one letter I had were from people outside my school - they were included in my packet. Don’t upload them separately - it’s actually worse to send a letter packet and separate letters. Schools won’t care if some of your letter writers don’t work at your school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My school used a private letter service and All but one letter I had were from people outside my school - they were included in my packet. Don’t upload them separately - it’s actually worse to send a letter packet and separate letters. Schools won’t care if some of your letter writers don’t work at your school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you, kind sir!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you, kind sir!

or mam . . .

In response to your post, I had a late letter from a recomender that I submitted to AMCAS in addition to the composite letter from my pre-professional advisor. But if you have all your letters it is best to submit as a composite letter from your school.