AMCAS Major/Transcript Agreement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ferocas

Reaction score
Hi, I am applying for the 2020-2021 cycle, and I would love to hear some advice if you have it.

I am technically double majoring at my university, and my transcript lists me as a double major from freshman year until now. However, I informally decided to drop my second major about a year ago. Problem is, I never dropped it officially, as I figured I could just do that at some point in the future, before I graduate. I do not intend to (and feasibly can't) finish this second major by the time I graduate. I am trying to send my transcript to AMCAS as soon as possible, and my question is, should I list both majors even if I do not intend on completing the second? Should I wait to drop the major before sending my transcripts in? Or should I list only the major that I intend to complete and send my transcripts listing both anyway?

I am currently waiting to hear back about actually dropping the major, but the pandemic has made everything a lot more complicated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am applying for the 2020-2021 cycle, and I would love to hear some advice if you have it.

I am technically double majoring at my university, and my transcript lists me as a double major from freshman year until now. However, I informally decided to drop my second major about a year ago. Problem is, I never dropped it officially, as I figured I could just do that at some point in the future, before I graduate. I do not intend to (and feasibly can't) finish this second major by the time I graduate. I am trying to send my transcript to AMCAS as soon as possible, and my question is, should I list both majors even if I do not intend on completing the second? Should I wait to drop the major before sending my transcripts in? Or should I list only the major that I intend to complete and send my transcripts listing both anyway?

I am currently waiting to hear back about actually dropping the major, but the pandemic has made everything a lot more complicated.

Thanks!

AMCAS does not verify your major. Just list the major you actually plan to complete.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly I don't really see what's wrong with just listing both majors, since you technically are still both. After you drop it, if anyone questions you about it, and I don't really see why anyone would, you can just say you wanted to focus on other things, so you dropped that major after you sent in the application. It's a perfectly reasonable situation. No one has to know that you unofficially dropped it in your head before then.

Reactions: 1 user