AMCAS/MCAT question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ruggie

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT in April and was surprisingly pleased with my scores. I had intended to take it again in August and thus indicated those plans on my AMCAS (when I sent it in on June 1st). However, when I got my scores back last week, I saw there was no need to take it again in August. So my question is...What, if anything, should I do since I do not plan to take the MCAT again in August and I indicated that I was going to on the AMCAS???

Members don't see this ad.

Ruggie,

congratulations on your MCATs! I think designating the August 2000 MCAT on your application is more of a flag for schools to hold onto your application and review you again in the fall as opposed to flat-out denying an interview before your August scores come out.

I know that if you designate future coursework on the AMCAS, you're not necessarily bound to completing it as a condition of your admission. The August MCAT designation might be the same way. However, you probably want to make a post-submission change because a come schools might be sitting on your app for an unnecessarily long time waiting for some more MCAT scores, which may really put you at a timing disadvantage.

Best of luck!
smile.gif