AMCAS National Background Check Certiphi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liluv3399

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I had a simple question about the background check for all of you who already went through it.
What kind of questions do they ask? Do they require social security number of my parents/family?
Like for example, do they know whether my parents had moved or bought a property or not?
Thanks! This is really important to me....

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!! I have a question about the AMCAS background check. Do they require any information about my parents? Like their social security number? Or are the questions only about me?

Also, in general, what kind of information do the the medical school want from this service?

This is really important for me so any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!! I have a question about the AMCAS background check. Do they require any information about my parents? Like their social security number? Or are the questions only about me?

Also, in general, what kind of information do the the medical school want from this service?

The questions are only about you. I posted on this in another thread, so check it out.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=774292

No, you're an adult, they're not checking up on your parents. Why would whether they bought property matter? For state schools?

Yeah I thought it might affect my in-state status...I guess I was worrying too much. Thanks for replying though.

I don't recall any very specific questions about parents - I'm sure they didn't ask about their SSNs. In general, medical schools are looking for any criminal record you might have - any sort of misdemeanors or felonies (be advised that in some states speeding tickets are considered to be misdemeanor offenses).