AMCAS not submitting Apps to Colleges!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mike_D

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This morning (actually just about 15 min. ago) I heard a report on national public radio (Morning Addition) about the troubles with the AMCAS application. One of the persons interviewed was the pres. of the AAMC. She began with speaking about the new servers added and the quicker response times. She then went on to say that AMCAS HAS NOT SUBMITTED ANY APPLICATIONS TO MEDICAL COLLEGES YET!! Yes, you did read that correctly. She said that they hope to BEGIN submitting on Monday. Also interviewed was the dean of the U of Washington med school (I think) who said that the their app. committee is just sitting around doing nothing!! He seemed worried about the fact that the whole damn thing is about a month and a half behind schedule. He said that this will definitely push acceptance notifications back substantially.
What the hell is going on here. I am still in shock!! This whole process just SUCKS!! I really can't believe this is happening. Can we call a do-over or something?!?! As if I didn't feel like a little white lab rat before...........

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the update even though it's a bit depressing!