AMCAS Positive. Really.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EpiII

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like everyone else, I have had my share of frustrations with AMCAS this year. I submitted July 17th, and it just got verified on Oct 25th.

But, their are some good employees who are doing their best to help us all out. I am a non-traditional student and had 7 different transcripts to AMCAS. In August, they told me over the phone that they had all 7. In the middle of Oct, I received an e-mail stating that they still needed one transcript. When I called about this, I fortunately was put into contact with a very helpful employee. He stated that AMCAS probably lost the transcript (I did not accuse them, he put two and two together) and asked for the phone number of the registrar's office. He called them and got them to priority mail AMCAS another copy of my transcript directly to him. He even gave me his direct phone number so I did not have wait the 20-30 minutes listing to the music. Obviously, he is why my app. is now verified and should be transmitted this coming week.

I just thought it might be nice to share a good story.

Members don't see this ad.

These people aren't the bumbling idiots we have villified them as. They unfortunately have to follow management's decisions, just like every other company on the planet. If the mgmt fumbles up on the web app they just have to go with it. When they do receive calls and e-mails they are often exposed to the nastier, hyper competetive side of pre-meds. I guess what I'm trying to say is this, follow the golden rule, treat them like you want ot be treated. Send Nancy a flowers, Mike (someone I've talked to a couple times) a thank you note after you get in. You would be amazed at what a hello and friendly smile and a good candor will get you. Peace. AEKDB.

I disagree. You can be nice to them all you want, they still breached the contract and did not do their job. Your words are hard to accept for thousands of people who AMCAS has screwed over, and for thousands of dollars wasted for hundreds of hours listening to Mariah Carey. We should NOT have to do this. We already payed them, and they did not live up to their end of agreement. I agree, there is no reason to be nasty, but there is nothing to celebrate or be grateful for, either. I think the "nasty competitive" pre-meds, as you call them, are totally justified in being just that after all the hell AMCAS has put them through. Send flowers to Nancy? She should send flowers to me!!!!!! and apologize! :D :D