AMCAS preferred name

Started by Darksmurf
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Darksmurf

I'm the boy smurf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
People refer to me (often unwittingly) by my middle name. All of my recommenders use my middle name in reference to me in their letters. When I was filling out AMCAS I noted that my preferred name was my middle name. But so far, only one school has figured this out: all the other schools use my first name on my name badges or when they are calling me in to interview.

It's a little awkward because it makes me look like a liar when I've introduced myself to my fellow applicants as one thing and then they call my name and I answer to another thing.

Anyone had a similar experience with the complete disregard schools give to the 'preferred name'?
 
People refer to me (often unwittingly) by my middle name. All of my recommenders use my middle name in reference to me in their letters. When I was filling out AMCAS I noted that my preferred name was my middle name. But so far, only one school has figured this out: all the other schools use my first name on my name badges or when they are calling me in to interview.

It's a little awkward because it makes me look like a liar when I've introduced myself to my fellow applicants as one thing and then they call my name and I answer to another thing.

Anyone had a similar experience with the complete disregard schools give to the 'preferred name'?

Why dont you just say...oh my name is AAA, but I go by as BBB