AMCAS problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeithKow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok so i think AMCAS is the most annoying thing in the world. i sent in my application July 1, but it still hasn't been processed. see, my credit card was denied when they got it. we checked the credit, and there was enough, so i didn't understand why it was denied and had AMCAS run the same credit card again. again, denied, i don't know why. so my mom let me use her's, and i gave them the infor yesterday, and now they say it will be another week for everything to go through. what the hell? it will be july 26th and when it goes through when i got everything in by the 1st, it is very aggravating because nothing is my fault. my worry now is, will this hurt me in any way? will the app being processed then be on the later side and put be at a disadvantage? i need your input! thanks,
keith

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be fine, just relax. When your app arrives at the school you'll just be placed on the same massive stack of applications as everyone else. In otherwords, one, two, or even three weeks isn't gonna hurt you. Something delayed my file a week or two last year (I think they lost my transcripts) and it did not effect my getting accepted in the least.

Thanks, I needed to hear that. i just was getting antsy knowing how many people are getting secondaries at all.

Keith:

Relax. In my opinion everyone who applies before September with April MCATs are in the same boat. I would take a little vacation and wait for the secondaries.

When I was applying I sent my app in mid August and the secondaries start to come almost the same week.

Arti

Arti