amcas processing transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmarks3452

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I asked my Univ to send transcripts to AAMC nearly a month ago and my AMCAS says they still aren't received. I'm from Canada, so would anything delay this? And also, do you just send it to the address on the transcript request form? This is what is listed on the form:

AMCAS, attn: Transcripts
AAMC Medical School Application Services
P.O. Box 57326
Washington, DC 20037

Is this where they should go?

Members don't see this ad.

jmarks3452 said:
I asked my Univ to send transcripts to AAMC nearly a month ago and my AMCAS says they still aren't received. I'm from Canada, so would anything delay this? And also, do you just send it to the address on the transcript request form? This is what is listed on the form:

AMCAS, attn: Transcripts
AAMC Medical School Application Services
P.O. Box 57326
Washington, DC 20037

Is this where they should go?

That's the correct address. AMCAS acknowledged the receipt of my transcripts about a week after they actually got them, and a week after AACOMAS did, just that time of the season. One of my schools is still missing transcripts at both. Check with your school to verify that the transcript has indeed been sent, after that, just be patient... and maybe resend with a USA at the bottom since they're sending internationally.

same here, i sent it on the 28th of June, it was received on the 3rd of July and i was acknowledged that they were received on July 10th. Now im guessing it will take even much longer then that, since the pule just keeps getting larger and larger.

Im curious though, they did acknowledge that they received it on July 3rd, does that mean since July 5th or 3rd or whatever it has been in a pile waiting to be reviewed, or does that mean since July 10th it has been ready for review?

braluk said:
same here, i sent it on the 28th of June, it was received on the 3rd of July and i was acknowledged that they were received on July 10th. Now im guessing it will take even much longer then that, since the pule just keeps getting larger and larger.

Im curious though, they did acknowledge that they received it on July 3rd, does that mean since July 5th or 3rd or whatever it has been in a pile waiting to be reviewed, or does that mean since July 10th it has been ready for review?

Mine was received on July 11th, acknowledged July 18th. Someone called and the reply was 7-10 business days to update their computers.

I have the same question about when they actually put your app in a pile.. when transcript received or acknowledged? Anyone know?