Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AMCAS Question - Course Work

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jacksonchan85, May 6, 2004.

1. jacksonchan85

jacksonchan85 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi all,

When filling out the course work section, has anyone had problems? For me, after filling out marks for the Fall Semester (S1 code on AMCAS), I tried to fill out the marks for the Spring Semster of that year (S2 code), but the S2 code was NOT AVAILABLE to select??? So what should I do?

Thanks so much for any advice :)

2. ElyMD2008

ElyMD2008 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

You might be having problems because of the year. You have to realize that AMCAS sets years different from the actual year because they are academic years. So, an academic year goes from Fall to Spring to Summer, all being the same year. So if you to your semesters from Fall 2000, Spring 2001, and Summer 2001, the academic year would be 2000. If this doesn't answer your question and you have future problems you can always call AMCAS and they can help you on anything you need. Hope that helps!

3. DMBFan61

DMBFan61 Boomer
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    make sure you have selected to correct year. i know it sounds dumb, but i was making the same mistake earlier...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...