Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AMCAS Question - Please Help!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by idunno, Sep 10, 2001.

1. idunno

idunno Junior Member

Hi all,

I have a question for anyone who might have been in the same situation and can offer some insight. I successfully certified/submitted my AMCAS app on 7/24. I have not yet been processed/verified, like most of you. The problem is this: I would now like to add a few schools to my designated schools list. I know that in order to do this, I have to re-submit/re-certify my application. Now, I am worried that if I do that I will go to the end of the AMCAS verification/processing line! So, does anyone know whether or not adding schools will have the effect of delaying verification/processing? Will my apps to schools which I have already designated be delayed as a result of adding schools? I am asking because I don't want to run the risk of further delaying my application, since the schools I would like to add are "reach" schools for me anyway. Thanks in advance...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned
    Banned

Well, according to the official AMCAS position, adding a school WILL NOT delay your processing.

However, I would be extremely wary of what AMCAS says. I havent tried to add any schools so I dont know what the effects are.

I know some other posters on this forum have dealt with this however. They should be able to give you feedback on their experiences.