AMCAS Question - Please Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idunno

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a question for anyone who might have been in the same situation and can offer some insight. I successfully certified/submitted my AMCAS app on 7/24. I have not yet been processed/verified, like most of you. The problem is this: I would now like to add a few schools to my designated schools list. I know that in order to do this, I have to re-submit/re-certify my application. Now, I am worried that if I do that I will go to the end of the AMCAS verification/processing line! So, does anyone know whether or not adding schools will have the effect of delaying verification/processing? Will my apps to schools which I have already designated be delayed as a result of adding schools? I am asking because I don't want to run the risk of further delaying my application, since the schools I would like to add are "reach" schools for me anyway. Thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

Well, according to the official AMCAS position, adding a school WILL NOT delay your processing.

However, I would be extremely wary of what AMCAS says. I havent tried to add any schools so I dont know what the effects are.

I know some other posters on this forum have dealt with this however. They should be able to give you feedback on their experiences.