AMCAS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I applied to medical school for this past year, I put a bunch of my Independant Research 199 classes under non-science GPA. However, I realized that my research is under Neurscience and that I could put them under BCPM. Since I had about 3 quarters of 4 unit A's, I think this would significantly raise my BCPM GPA (which needs raising...only 2.91). Question is...when I reapply, should I list the research classes under BCPM? Would this cause them to red-flag my application because it was previously under non-science GPA? Any input would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

if it belongs under BCPM, then put it under there. even if they red flag it, it will still check out.

Thanks for the quick response. It just says "Special Studies 199" on my transcript and since I did my research in Neuroscience, I guess it belongs there.

BTW, your Christian Bible quotes thread is really inspiring. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by premed
When I applied to medical school for this past year, I put a bunch of my Independant Research 199 classes under non-science GPA. However, I realized that my research is under Neurscience and that I could put them under BCPM. Since I had about 3 quarters of 4 unit A's, I think this would significantly raise my BCPM GPA (which needs raising...only 2.91). Question is...when I reapply, should I list the research classes under BCPM? Would this cause them to red-flag my application because it was previously under non-science GPA? Any input would be great.

Thanks in advance!

if they think it doesnt belong, they will correct it. but schools are not told that you made a mistake. schools just get the final, corrected version.

Originally posted by premed

Thanks in advance!

Schools will not know where it was placed before. And yes, by all means put it in the science part. I also took a course with that same name, but mine was a pass/fail. I did however put it in the BCPM section and AMCAS left it there.