Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

AMCAS Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by premed, Mar 30, 2004.

1. premed

premed Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    When I applied to medical school for this past year, I put a bunch of my Independant Research 199 classes under non-science GPA. However, I realized that my research is under Neurscience and that I could put them under BCPM. Since I had about 3 quarters of 4 unit A's, I think this would significantly raise my BCPM GPA (which needs raising...only 2.91). Question is...when I reapply, should I list the research classes under BCPM? Would this cause them to red-flag my application because it was previously under non-science GPA? Any input would be great.

Thanks in advance!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bewitched1081

bewitched1081 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

if it belongs under BCPM, then put it under there. even if they red flag it, it will still check out.

4. premed

premed Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks for the quick response. It just says "Special Studies 199" on my transcript and since I did my research in Neuroscience, I guess it belongs there.

BTW, your Christian Bible quotes thread is really inspiring. :)

5. docmemi

docmemi 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

if they think it doesnt belong, they will correct it. but schools are not told that you made a mistake. schools just get the final, corrected version.

6. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Schools will not know where it was placed before. And yes, by all means put it in the science part. I also took a course with that same name, but mine was a pass/fail. I did however put it in the BCPM section and AMCAS left it there.