amcas question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mx21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
when the AMCAS opens, how should we list the title of our courses? for example, on my transcript we have an abbreviated name of the course, say "afr-american lit" or something, versus the official title of the course which might be "African-American Literature" ... go with the transcript name (easier for them to cross check) or with the full name? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

two things:
1. amcas will have a biiiig instruction manual for you to read when it opens up next month
2. this manual will tell you to put what's on the transcript

Members don't see this ad :)
when the AMCAS opens, how should we list the title of our courses? for example, on my transcript we have an abbreviated name of the course, say "afr-american lit" or something, versus the official title of the course which might be "African-American Literature" ... go with the transcript name (easier for them to cross check) or with the full name? thanks.

go with the full name its easier for the adcoms to decipher. AMCAS will math the classes based on the class code

I'm pretty sure I wrote out the full names of my classes. I don't remember telling AMCAS to do otherwise, or else I wouldn't have done it!

If you're worried about it though, just contact AMCAS. I'm sure they'll help you out.

Do you want to see a complete AMCAS as an example? I happen to have mine posted online. Let me know and good luck! :)

Do you want to see a complete AMCAS as an example? I happen to have mine posted online. Let me know and good luck! :)

just out of curiosity, aren't you the least bit worried about offering that to a stranger?

(p.s. i was reading that other thread and congrats on all your great options! enjoy the dartmouth revisit :))

just out of curiosity, aren't you the least bit worried about offering that to a stranger?

(p.s. i was reading that other thread and congrats on all your great options! enjoy the dartmouth revisit :))

Nah, I am not worried. My SSN is not shown on the copy I have posted, so the only potentially compromising information is my address, phone number and email address. I would like to believe that most people on here are fellow premeds/med students helping each other out, but in the event that a sour grape trolls these threads, I don't think they can harm me with that information. I think it does more good than harm, but maybe I am being a bit naive.

Here is a link to the site I set up for students at my school www.unlvhealthprofessionals.pbworks.com
My app is under "example applications" and then the file Levy_K if anyone is interested.

Congrats on your acceptances as well!! You have some great offers! :)

Nah, I am not worried. My SSN is not shown on the copy I have posted, so the only potentially compromising information is my address, phone number and email address. I would like to believe that most people on here are fellow premeds/med students helping each other out, but in the event that a sour grape trolls these threads, I don't think they can harm me with that information. I think it does more good than harm, but maybe I am being a bit naive.

Here is a link to the site I set up for students at my school www.unlvhealthprofessionals.pbworks.com
My app is under "example applications" and then the file Levy_K if anyone is interested.

Congrats on your acceptances as well!! You have some great offers! :)

Thanks for putting that up! Both of you are superb candidates and I am not surprised in the slightest that you got the acceptances you did. Good luck and continue your success through medical school.