AMCAS Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. J?

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How about a little help for an AMCAS newbie? I've started to fill in my application recently, and already I'm running into little snafus. They include the following:

1) When I attempt to enter my graduate school grades, only A's appear in the AMCAS grade. When I attempt to enter a B+ the AMCAS grade remains blank. Anyone else have this issue?

2) How the hell do you apply to MCP Han? There is no ck box for the regular MD program. Any hints?

There are a few more probs that I can't think of right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been using IE6 and haven't had any major problems (just minor problems). I'm a reapplicant though, so most of my grades are already in there.

Call AMCAS and send them an email. Sometimes they have problems with grades for certain schools. I had a problem last year not being able to enter grades for summer at one school. Call now before they really get busy.

I know other people posted about the problem with MCP.

Actually, I'm using IE6.0 to fill out the application. So far, so good. I think these issues are on AAMC's side of the court. OK, I'll e-mail them and see what they say. Thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
If your grades are A+'s, AMCAS will automatically count them as A's. This sucks, but I guess it is to make it fair for students in schools that don't give A+'s (?)

Re MCP Han: I had the same issue with Vanderbilt! There is no check box for the regular MD program.

Oh yeah, and everytime I call AMCAS I get this funny message. I go through all the prompts and get to the one where I can speak with a representative. Then, there is this weird message saying something like "your message has not been recorded" and it hangs up on me!!

Another question for you.

Has anyone noticed that there are two different addresses for AMCAS on the transcript request form?

If you print the request form asking for only a copy to be sent to AMCAS the form prints out with an AMCAS address on M St in DC.

If you print the request form requesting a copy for yourself and for AMCAS than you get an AMCAS address on N St in DC.

Sorry this is so convoluted but thats what it is. Have you used this request form when requesting transcripts from your undergrads? Do they actually include it with the official transcript when sent to AMCAS?

I know a lot of people had issues of lost transcripts last year, maybe this is one explanation.