AMCAS questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alphasyn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if it is possible to send AMCAS my official transcript before I actually submit the primary, that way will speed up the process a little i think, or will they ignore any transcript they receive prior actual submission? how about the letter of rec? same or different story?

i bet folks in the past had already asked this question..just wondering

Members don't see this ad.

Once you actually sign up for the AMCAS and get your AMCAS ID you can print out the request forms. I'm fairly certain they won't do anything with them unless they're accompanied with the request forms.

Letters of rec should DEFINITELY be asked for well, well in advance. Letter writers can take forever. You can have your premed adviser hold onto them if they're doing a committee letter, or use something like interfolio.

It is possible, and you should submit your transcripts prior to submitting. Why? Because once you submit, they're just going to wait to put you in the line for verification until you have all your transcripts on file. If you wait to send them in until after you submit, you'll be waiting for several days to get in line, so submitting as close to the first day as possible won't make much difference and so you'll take longer to be verified.

LORs have a little more leeway, as the schools don't care about them until secondaries come around. So you don't have to have them in RIGHT NOW, but you should still get your writers to send them off to AMCAS as soon as you can.