AMCAS re-submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

intrepid kiddo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new and was hoping for some advice...

So I took the MCAT in May, got a 29Q so I registered to take it again August 6th. I submitted my AMCAS application late June saying that I was re-taking it in August and it only just got verified. I'm currently debating whether or not I actually want to re-take the MCAT.
a. Do you think it would look bad if I re-submit my application saying I'm not retaking it?
b. Would I have to go through the long process of getting verified again?

I really appreciate any thoughts you might have for me!!

Members don't see this ad.

You can't re-submit. Once you withdraw your application, you can't submit it again until next year.

You can call or email the schools and let them know you've decided not to retake the MCAT.

You can't re-submit. Once you withdraw your application, you can't submit it again until next year.

You can call or email the schools and let them know you've decided not to retake the MCAT.

OP never said they had withdrawn. :confused::confused:

OP, i would say call AMCAS and ask them about the verification question. i'm not sure how it would look to schools... i imagine they wouldn't care. they'll care much more about what your actual MCAT score is.