AMCAS Reapplication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elwood.72

Reaction score
I have recently started my first year in the four year program at RCSI in Dublin. Last application cycle, I was not accepted to any US schools. I received one interview from the med school in the city I am from (I am a US citizen), but no other interviews. Is it worth it to reapply to the school in my city this cycle? Would it be worth it for the increased opportunities for residencies, or should I make the most out of a degree from Ireland?

I have done the math, and the cost of attending 4 years at RCSI is roughly the same as 1 year at RCSI + 4 at an in-state US school, so I am not concerned about finances. I suppose my main concerns are is it worth it to delay my graduation date by a year (I am only 22 now). Another would be the time being spent on apply to AMCAS again would take away from my current studies. Apart from my studies this year at RCSI, my CV has not changed since the previous application cycle.

Let me know if you have any additional questions about my situation. This is my first post on SDN!

Members don't see this ad.

Noting, delete the duplicate in Med Students Forum.

Welcome to the forums.

We know nothing about your application last year (no WAMC), but applying again means you must answer "yes" if you ever matriculated to a medical school.

There is likely a reason why you had no other interviews, and I would not think enrolling in another medical school helps you.

Did you not look at our forum for the international schools? They may not be so busy, but people will want to know your RCSI experiences there. What do those posters say about your buyers remorse?