AMCAS review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onthetopo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Man, I''ve submitted the application in late October now the AMCAS is still reviewing.
Does this mean I literally missed the deadline for all the school that have Nov1 and Nov15 deadlines?

Too Sad for a guy who got 37 mcat.

Members don't see this ad.

onthetopo said:
Man, I''ve submitted the application in late October now the AMCAS is still reviewing.
Does this mean I literally missed the deadline for all the school that have Nov1 and Nov15 deadlines?

Yeah, I'm afraid so.

Geez, I thought the Nov1 deadline means the submission date of amcas application.

Members don't see this ad :)
onthetopo said:
Geez, I thought the Nov1 deadline means the submission date of amcas application.

I could be wrong but I believe submission means submission of the app to the schools, which happens after review. Call AMCAS to be sure.

Direct quote from the AMCAS website:

Deadlines
All deadlines are set by the individual medical schools and represent when materials (application and fees) must be received by AMCAS. Submitting materials as early as possible avoids any processing delays or missed deadlines. You are responsible for ensuring that all required information is received by AMCAS according to the school-specific deadlines set forth in the application. In addition, applicants are responsible for checking the status of their submitted application.

Do your research people.

onthetopo said:

You're fine. As long as they don't reject your application for too many typos/mistakes (they told me they would correct exactly nine errors), when you're reviewed, you should be set to go.

A lot of the delay can be the transcript acknowledgement. It took them 2 weeks for them to acknowledge the receipt of my transcript... I did this weeks before I submitted AMCAS though.

When I finally submitted my AMCAS, it was verified in 9 days. (is that a record??)

If you submit by the AMCAS deadline you are fine for the primary application. It doesn't get you off the hook for secondaries though. I submitted my AMCAS app on Oct 31. I am still not verified, and I know that some of the schools I applied to have Dec 1 deadlines for secondaries. So I am pretty hosed unless it gets done in the next few days.

I am having a hard time understanding how the deadline for the primary can be one month before the deadline for the secondary, and it can take 4-6 weeks for AMCAS to process during peak times. So it may not be possible for me to get the secondary in... because of the time it takes to verify. Seems like AMCAS should change the date the primary is due so you have time to get the secondary in.

Seems I'm going to miss the deadline for secondary of Duke. Damn it

Perhaps you should try contacting the schools you are most interested in and telling them your situation. I'm pretty sure if you do get secondaries from the Nov 1 or Nov 15 schools you will get some sort of extension. Some schools are behind in the process at this point anyways. Good luck!

I submittes to AMCAS on Oct 31. Was notified yesterday (11/17) that everything was verified. Now the mad scramble to get secondaries out. 3 are due by Dec 1. Thank god for Thanksgiving break.

10yearmedic said:
I submittes to AMCAS on Oct 31. Was notified yesterday (11/17) that everything was verified. Now the mad scramble to get secondaries out. 3 are due by Dec 1. Thank god for Thanksgiving break.

Good luck!