Amcas throwaway school/late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopefuldoc9853

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! First post here!
I'm planning on taking the MCAT on June 19th (I know it is a bit later). I'm wanting to send off my AMCAS application on May 27th to get verified ASAP. I should get my MCAT score back on July 20th. If I sent off my full/completed AMCAS application to medical schools on July 20th, do you think it is fine since I will hopefully be verified by then? Or do you think it is too late? Also, do you recommend the throwaway method since I am taking the MCAT a bit later or do something else? Thanks all for your help! I'm definitely freaking out over this haha

Members don't see this ad.

I think the throwaway method is the best. It allows you to get verified early (which can sometimes take a long time) and then once your MCAT score is in then schools will be able to start sending you secondaries. If you wait to submit July 20th, then sometimes it can take >1 month to get verified so you won't start receiving secondaries until August.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd get verified ASAP.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! First post here!
I'm planning on taking the MCAT on June 19th (I know it is a bit later). I'm wanting to send off my AMCAS application on May 27th to get verified ASAP. I should get my MCAT score back on July 20th. If I sent off my full/completed AMCAS application to medical schools on July 20th, do you think it is fine since I will hopefully be verified by then? Or do you think it is too late? Also, do you recommend the throwaway method since I am taking the MCAT a bit later or do something else? Thanks all for your help! I'm definitely freaking out over this haha
Not late at all!

Hi all! First post here!
I would do a throwaway, but please understand that your application on this timeline will not be considered late.