1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AMCAS timing

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by camisho, Mar 28, 2004.

1. camisho

camisho Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys, tell me how this would work...let's say I get my grades officially entered on my record by the end of May/start of June, what do I do in order to send in my AMCAS as early as possible? I am a graduating senior who needs these grades to be in for my AMCAS application, but I want to handle the whole process as efficiently as possible so as not to have delays that could hurt my application (I NEED to apply early!).

Thanks,

camisho

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    AMCAS wont be transmitted until July if the pattern of the past few years holds. Any date that AMCAS says it will do something can probably be pushed back a month.

I had my spring transcripts sent (second week of june) and my AMCAS was verified in time to be transmitted as part of the first batches in July.

Dont worry, as long as everything else is ready, you'll be fine with your spring transcripts.

4. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

Do you absolutely need those grades in. I sent my transcript in May, so only my freshmen, sophomore, and 2 quarters of my junior grades were on it.

Many times additional grades hurt you so I didn't want that to happen. It ended up working well for me.

Unless those grades will give you a good boost it's not worth losing an extra month of waiting.

5. Columbia22

Columbia22 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You dont think schools will care that your second semester grades dont show on the AMCAS?? Wouldnt they start to think that you're hiding something? Do we have to report those grades?

6. BaseballFan

BaseballFan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I also "needed" to apply early because I was leaving the country and wanted to try to get as many early interviews as possible.

I waited till grades were in to submit. Even if you wait till late june/early july to submit AMCAS, you are still WAY ahead of the game.

If the grades are not there, then you'll just need to update the schools individually...imagine if you were a junior applying- then you'd have the fall semester grades to send to the med schools anyways in january of the following year.

Good Luck!