TomWestmanRules

MD Supplicant
10+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2006
186
0
Status
Pre-Medical
Starting to get mad.

How long does it take these folks to see that my transcript has arrived and then update that info in my AMCAS / email update to let me know that they have it? :mad:

Got what's likely a 1-week update email just minutes ago. They claim they don't have it, and that's why my application is on hold. :mad:

How long does it take AMCAS to acknowledge receipt of your transcript? My school sent my transcript out about 2 days before I submitted my application. And how might this affect my having it verified?

(Sorry if this is redundant. But I didn't want it to get lost in a thread of 100 other topics...)
 

dwigt

Assistant^RegionalManager
10+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2006
233
0
TX
Status
Medical Student
I submitted last Thursday, had my transcripts sent a week before that, and they're still "waiting for transcripts". If it doesn't change by the middle of next week I will probably call
 

thedelicatessen

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2006
559
3
Status
Medical Student
TomWestmanRules said:
Starting to get mad.

How long does it take these folks to see that my transcript has arrived and then update that info in my AMCAS / email update to let me know that they have it? :mad:

Got what's likely a 1-week update email just minutes ago. They claim they don't have it, and that's why my application is on hold. :mad:

How long does it take AMCAS to acknowledge receipt of your transcript? My school sent my transcript out about 2 days before I submitted my application. And how might this affect my having it verified?

(Sorry if this is redundant. But I didn't want it to get lost in a thread of 100 other topics...)
I finally got an email confirmation today of their receipt of my transcript on July 3. I think they're behind because of 4th of July. I called them a few days ago, and they said that it takes 3-5 business days for them to process the email confirmation and that the office was not fully staffed on July 3rd, leading to more delay.

It's really sucky how slow they are, but I guess we just need to be patient. Good luck!
 
About the Ads

dsh

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2005
220
1
I ordered my transcripts in mid-June. The last one was verified yesterday morning. I'm not sure how long my schools took to send the things, but looking at it very pessimistically it took AMCAS three weeks to process my transcript upon receipt. My fastest one took something like four or five days.
 

goodoldalky

Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
555
369
Status
Attending Physician
I requested my transcripts JUN 21, from my two undergrad institutions (took 22 hours as a senior in H.S. at a well-known university). I called on JUN 29 to see if the transcripts were sent; both schools said they sent them on JUN 27. AMCAS reported on July 7 that they recieved the transcripts from one school on July 3, but said they hadn't recieved the other school's.. I called AMCAS today about the other school's again, and they said that they didn't have it, and that although they are running behind, the transcripts should have arrived by now if they were sent out June 27th. The guy told me I should consider sending them again.. so I did. Pretty pissed off right now.. Application on hold.
 

as06

Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2006
191
0
Houston
Status
Pre-Medical
goodoldalky said:
I requested my transcripts JUN 21, from my two undergrad institutions (took 22 hours as a senior in H.S. at a well-known university). I called on JUN 29 to see if the transcripts were sent; both schools said they sent them on JUN 27. AMCAS reported on July 7 that they recieved the transcripts from one school on July 3, but said they hadn't recieved the other school's.. I called AMCAS today about the other school's again, and they said that they didn't have it, and that although they are running behind, the transcripts should have arrived by now if they were sent out June 27th. The guy told me I should consider sending them again.. so I did. Pretty pissed off right now.. Application on hold.
My school sent a transcript (with the transcript request form attached; I made sure to ask if they had done this) on the 28th of June in response to a request I made on the 16th of June (yeah, they were slow themselves). AMCAS apparently doesn't have this transcript yet. I had requested three other transcripts from three other institutions on the 16th and those three were confirmed by the 5th of July. Mighty odd. Mighty frustrated. Hope AMCAS is enjoying those 700 bucks.
 

GoinBack2Cali?

it used to be so cool
10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
243
1
San Francisco, CA
Status
MD/PhD Student
as06 said:
My school sent a transcript (with the transcript request form attached; I made sure to ask if they had done this) on the 28th of June in response to a request I made on the 16th of June (yeah, they were slow themselves). AMCAS apparently doesn't have this transcript yet. I had requested three other transcripts from three other institutions on the 16th and those three were confirmed by the 5th of July. Mighty odd. Mighty frustrated. Hope AMCAS is enjoying those 700 bucks.

Same deal here. I called my undergrad and made them resend last Wednesday. I called AMCAS on Monday and they said that if they dont get it by this Friday to start worrying then.
 

Johannen

Weathered Wayfarer
10+ Year Member
May 15, 2006
235
0
Wisconsin
Status
Pre-Medical
thedelicatessen said:
I finally got an email confirmation today of their receipt of my transcript on July 3. I think they're behind because of 4th of July. I called them a few days ago, and they said that it takes 3-5 business days for them to process the email confirmation and that the office was not fully staffed on July 3rd, leading to more delay.

It's really sucky how slow they are, but I guess we just need to be patient. Good luck!
Ditto. My school sent it on the 28th of June. I also recently received email of its July 3rd arrival.
 

dwigt

Assistant^RegionalManager
10+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2006
233
0
TX
Status
Medical Student
I just received confirmation that my transcripts were received on 7/5.
 

CheerfulEnergy

Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
49
0
The Hoosier State
Status
FrogDoc07 said:
I just received confirmation that my transcripts were received on 7/5.
Me too, the e-mail just came this morning :)
Transcripts sent 6-28, received 7-05, e-mail confirmation 7-13
 

ltrain

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2004
730
12
Status
It look 10 days (including one weekend) from the time they were sent from my school to the time AMCAS emailed me that they were received. That was early June, though.
 

bet22

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2006
126
0
Status
Pre-Medical
My transcripts were sent on June 27 and I still havent heard anything. I called my school to verify they were sent and the guy told me to call AMCAS and ask for a manual search. I will probably wait until Monday to do that...

Getting nervous though :D
 

as06

Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2006
191
0
Houston
Status
Pre-Medical
bet22 said:
My transcripts were sent on June 27 and I still havent heard anything. I called my school to verify they were sent and the guy told me to call AMCAS and ask for a manual search. I will probably wait until Monday to do that...

Getting nervous though :D
Do they do manual searches? The person I spoke to at AAMC made it seem like there was nothing he could do...
 
About the Ads

Svidrillion

Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2006
154
2
F-town
Status
as06 said:
Do they do manual searches? The person I spoke to at AAMC made it seem like there was nothing he could do...
My transcripts were sent from my school in early June and took until June 20th to get there, though AMCAS didn't acknowledge it until June 27th.

I had called on June 21st to ask about whether the transcript had come. The lady on the AMCAS line said she had no way of knowing, but that she could fire off an email and have some people look around for it (if it had been misfiled or something). She said, though, that the best thing was to just send another one just in case.
 

geogil

Still training.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 1, 2006
918
21
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I sent my AMCAS in 6/29, transcripts the same day. Today I got my weekly "we here at AMCAS like to make you fret" email. I think I'm going to call them, and if they have misplaced it in the mountain of paper (i imagine the AMCAS is something like a dickensian sweatshop with poor paper sorting minions chained to a computer terminal) that sits in the AMCAS mail room. A word to the wise, a friend of mine had his transcript from Brown torn up while sitting around at AMCAS (not intentionally... this was an accident), but they didn't tell him. They only kept the "we haven't gotten your crap yet" on the status update. He only found out by calling, upon which they fessed up. So, if you think it's been too long, perhaps they're tearing up your application as we speak, and will only stop if you call them and get put on hold for 45 minutes.
 

Angelique

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2003
59
0
Baltimore
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Interesting, the progress of my transcript looks very similar

Transcripts sent 6-29, received 7-05, e-mail confirmation 7-13

CheerfulEnergy said:
Me too, the e-mail just came this morning :)
Transcripts sent 6-28, received 7-05, e-mail confirmation 7-13
 

bet22

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2006
126
0
Status
Pre-Medical
Angelique said:
Interesting, the progress of my transcript looks very similar

Transcripts sent 6-29, received 7-05, e-mail confirmation 7-13
Finally got my confirmation today too
Sent 6-27, received 7-5
 

TIGIBedHead

Fever to Tell
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2005
354
1
erewhon
Status
Did everyone include the transcript request form with their transcript? Some people seem to have been updated in 3 days, whereas for others it has taken 10. I'm wondering if the form has anything to do with update time.
 

kelvin81

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2006
309
0
Status
Medical Student
My school sent my transcript out on 26th of June ELECTRONICALLY and I just got an email yesterday saying they received it on the 3rd of July. I was freaked out 'cause I thought they lost my transcript, I called AMCAS and the guy said it could happen and I should consider to resend it ( I didnt know my transcript was electronically sent at the time). So I called my school and was told that there was no way it was lost because it was sent electronically. I called AMCAS again and they told me to keep waiting and they will search for it. It was very weird to search for an electronic transcript. I was so pissed for a few days.
 

bet22

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2006
126
0
Status
Pre-Medical
TIGIBedHead said:
Did everyone include the transcript request form with their transcript? Some people seem to have been updated in 3 days, whereas for others it has taken 10. I'm wondering if the form has anything to do with update time.
The transcript that I had confirmed today did not include the transcript request form. Took 8 days from arrival to confirmation...
 

str8flexed

10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2005
316
1
34
Status
Medical Student
Well, I called AMCAS and the guy said it can take 7-10 business days upon receiving the transcript before they actually notify us or update the status page that our transcript is received. I'm hoping mine will be updated soon. My school said it mailed it out 7/3 (last Monday), and hopefully it is processing by AMCAS now. I am still nervous that it is somehow lost, however, and am considering requesting my school to send another one...
 

str8flexed

10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2005
316
1
34
Status
Medical Student
I received the notification that my transcript was received today, and that my AMCAS is in line for processing. That's good for me and everyone else, as I don't have to go all Frank Castle on them anymore... :)
 

TIGIBedHead

Fever to Tell
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2005
354
1
erewhon
Status
Yesterday, I got the weekly update notice re: missing transcripts. I was so excited that they may have actually updated the computers, but no such luck. I'm glad this thread exists because I know my transcript arrived on the 11th (I received my own copy on that day, and so did my school), so I should be updated between the 18th and the 21st. Crossing my fingers for the 18th.
 

as06

Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2006
191
0
Houston
Status
Pre-Medical
Finally received an e-mail to confirm receipt of my last transcript. It was apparently sent at 5:36AM today.

Sent june 28th, arrived july 7th, acknowledged july 15th
 
OP
T

TomWestmanRules

MD Supplicant
10+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2006
186
0
Status
Pre-Medical
MY TRANSCRIPT ARRIVED. :thumbup: Got an email yesterday notifying me.

They received it about a week ago. Now my AMCAS welcome page says "Ready for Review". Slowly but surely...

Hang in there, everybody.
 

NPRjunkie

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
May 31, 2006
33
0
Status
Pre-Medical
TIGIBedHead said:
Has anyone gotten confirmation of transcripts lately? Let's go transcripts!
Transcript mailed on 7/5, received by AMCAS on 7/10, e-mail confirmation on 7/15.

It seems as though there is some lag time between the date of receipt and the date of confirmation, which is to be expected as the office has been very busy.
 
About the Ads