AMCAS Transcript illegible issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saltedcaramelfrapp

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my AMCAS application on 05/28 and all my transcripts were received by 05/17. They did not start my review until 06/11 and since then, I've been under review. Last year, I was reviewed and approved in 15 minutes, and since the only difference was a year worth of classes, I called them to ask what the issue was. The rep said my pdf transcript was illegible but that I don't have to resend it, just wait. I don't understand how a pdf can be illegible and couldn't find any posts describing a similar issue. Kind of disheartening to submit earlier and not be certain that I can be transmitted with the first batch.

Members don't see this ad.

Chill. There is nothing magical with getting transmitted with the first batch. It may be that your pdf can't be machine read and has to have human eyeballs on it. That might just take a bit longer. Whatever it is, it isn't worth spending your time on it.

Reactions: 1 user
Chill. There is nothing magical with getting transmitted with the first batch. It may be that your pdf can't be machine read and has to have human eyeballs on it. That might just take a bit longer. Whatever it is, it isn't worth spending your time on it.
This^^^^. Plus, while 5 days isn't 15 minutes, you have another 9 days to go before you miss the first transmission. The odds are EXTREMELY high that your review will be complete well before 14 days have elapsed, no matter how illegible your transcript is.

Also, "illegible" might be nothing more than a BS excuse, and the issue might just be some verifier working from home and taking his or her sweet time. If it were me, I'd give it until the beginning of next week, and then give them a WTF phone call while you still have some time before 6/25.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user