AMCAS transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nothing101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey,

ok, so my friend was telling me if you list a class on amcas there is no way they will ever find out. she repeated a few class and also got bad grades and she doesnt want to lower her gpa. even if she does lie, will she get caught? i dont want her to get in trouble.

Members don't see this ad.

hey,

ok, so my friend was telling me if you list a class on amcas there is no way they will ever find out. she repeated a few class and also got bad grades and she doesnt want to lower her gpa. even if she does lie, will she get caught? i dont want her to get in trouble.
Huh? Is this for real? Your school has to send a transcript to the AAMC so they can verify everything you put into the application. I hope you know that. Lord help you if you decide to go into the medical field.

hey,

Please, please, please be a troll.

The fact that "your friend" cannot take accountability for her bad grades/decision worries me as an aspiring physician.

Nevertheless, I'll bite. AMCAS will most likely find out. If not blatantly obvious, there are still ways to find out the classes an applicant took. You may ask, so what? If it is obvious that your friend was trying to hide poor grades, she will be investigated. This could blacklist her for future AMCAS application.

Further, if it wasn't obvious enough, medical schools do not approve of this. If your friend slips, brags, etc. then the school can find out pre- and post-acceptance and institutional action can occur. There have been threads on SDN and other pre-medical websites where this has occurred.

I think people forget that lying about grades is much more than just changing your GPA. It shows your character and devotion to this field. Get a grip.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey,

And if the poor grades came from another institution and she doesn't list that school on the application, AMCAS has a connection to the Student Clearinghouse, which lists every school students have attended. They will know what original transcripts to expect.

Reactions: 1 users
This is probably harder to get away with than a criminal record honestly.