AMCAS transmission question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmoonp

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a bit confused on the AMCAS priority timelines-

For example: If I submit my primary app on day 1 (May 28) and have only added 1 school initially upon submission but then add 5 schools between then and July 10, would my application still be in the first batch to be sent to all 6 medical schools on July 10? Or would I only be first in line for the school I initially submitted my app with?

Is there any benefit to doing it one way or another? Im trying to minimize secondary turnaround time overall.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a bit confused on the AMCAS priority timelines-

For example: If I submit my primary app on day 1 (May 28) and have only added 1 school initially upon submission but then add 5 schools between then and July 10, would my application still be in the first batch to be sent to all 6 medical schools on July 10? Or would I only be first in line for the school I initially submitted my app with?

Is there any benefit to doing it one way or another? Im trying to minimize secondary turnaround time overall.

As long as you submit to one school, and your app is verified by July 10, your app will be tranferred to all schools on July 10 that you add by July 9th.

Reactions: 1 user