AMCAS under review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackets5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This morning i check my AMCAS and it said "ready for Review" this afternoon it said under review, how long till it is verified from this point. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

jackets5 said:
This morning i check my AMCAS and it said "ready for Review" this afternoon it said under review, how long till it is verified from this point. thanks

Probably hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
jackets5 said:

don't know, but it's a good sign. i submitted mine 7/20, and it still just says "ready for review." at least you know someone is looking at it, and it's not just sitting in queue.

yourmom25 said:
ummm not really. mine was "ready for review" for a week.

I understand that, but the OP said that his file was 'under review'.

yeah within two hours of me seeing it said "under review" it was processed and verrified.

Mine says "ready for review" today. Let's see how long it will take.

Mine has said "Ready for Review" since 8/13

Usually,
Amcas lets you know that it may take six weeks to process the MOST.
If your transcripts and everything is already in, then it should not take too long. I say probably two weeks, or about three weeks the top.

I say give it two- three weeks at least. May take longer if you need to submit your transcripts.

As drinklord mentioned, the key status is "under review." Mine was processed so quickly that I never actually saw my under review status. It wasn't there for more than a few hours before I everything was done.

SailCrazy said:
As drinklord mentioned, the key status is "under review." Mine was processed so quickly that I never actually saw my under review status. It wasn't there for more than a few hours before I everything was done.

SailCrazy…
You are not sailing crazy then, you must have been lucky I believe.
Trust me it takes a while.
If I am wrong, then let me know with a solid proof

JustR said:
SailCrazy…
I agree. They got my transcripts in June and it has been under review for two weeks.

THERE you go!! one person agrees with me!!!

Again, there is a HUGE difference between "ready for review", which is what you earlier said your status is, and "under review," which is what I am talking about. They are two totally different things.
Ranger47 said:
Mine has said "Ready for Review" since 8/13
Ranger47 said:
I agree. They got my transcripts in June and it has been under review for two weeks.

I do trust you. I waited two weeks while "ready for review" and two hours while "under review."

If you don't belive me, that's fine. I'm not going to waste my time digging up "a solid proof" for you. :p If you want to confirm that my explanation is accurate, you can dig through these 200+ posts on the subject. That is where there are multiple confirmations that my experience has been shared by many others: AMCAS 2006 Submitted/Ready for Review/Under Review/Complete
JustR said:
SailCrazy…

SailCrazy said:
I do trust you. I waited two weeks while "ready for review" and two hours while "under review."

If you don't belive me, that's fine. I'm not going to waste my time digging up "a solid proof" for you. :p If you want to confirm that my explanation is accurate, you can dig through these 200+ posts on the subject. That is where there are multiple confirmations that my experience has been shared by many others: AMCAS 2006 Submitted/Ready for Review/Under Review/Complete

Well… I was not clear maybe so let me try to explain it better way….

If the transcripts are in, then it can be ready for review immediately as soon as you submit it. BUT it takes a while till it gets processed. And the verification is complete.

SO to verify and to process application, it takes about more than two weeks or three weeks from the submission of the AMCAS. (If your transcripts are in)

Ready for review: “they verify stuff you fill out on AMCAS like you grade and that”
Processed: “they sent to the school—sending application to the designated schools”

If transcripts are in, “ready for review” – in seconds. But the processed and review completion takes about two weeks or more.

Am I clear?? I do get people confused all the time.
If I am wrong, then let me know with a solid proof -- APPLICATION PROCESSED in one day.

Hey JustR,

Sounds like we were both saying similar things. I was trying to answer the OP's question, which focused on a change to "under review" status. You were talking about something different, but also accurate about total processign time.

Anyway, Good Luck getting processed! :luck:

jackets5 said:

JustR said:
Well… I was not clear maybe so let me try to explain it better way….

If the transcripts are in, then it can be ready for review immediately as soon as you submit it. BUT it takes a while till it gets processed. And the verification is complete.

SO to verify and to process application, it takes about more than two weeks or three weeks from the submission of the AMCAS. (If your transcripts are in)

Ready for review: “they verify stuff you fill out on AMCAS like you grade and that”
Processed: “they sent to the school—sending application to the designated schools”

If transcripts are in, “ready for review” – in seconds. But the processed and review completion takes about two weeks or more.

Am I clear?? I do get people confused all the time.
If I am wrong, then let me know with a solid proof -- APPLICATION PROCESSED in one day.

JustR said:
Just an FYI, in the thread that I posted above, there is someone who claims to have been totally processed in about 1 day. They said that they were a re-applicant with some sort of deadline coming up for a school or something like that... Whether or not to believe them is up to you! ;)

All right.. !!
i will take it is as a proof of my wrongness in the statement.
But those are like 1 in 1000 chances that it happens.