AMCAS Under Review?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tottil

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my AMCAS Aug. 5th and it is still "ready to be reviewed".

Is anyone else still in this "active" phase (those near my submission date)?

I'm also retaking the MCAT this Thurs. I can't imagine this is what's holding it up, is it?

Members don't see this ad.

this isn't unusual...

i submitted my AMCAS at the beginning of July and it still took like 3-4 weeks to be reviewed/verified.

since you submitted later, i would give it a few more weeks. the longer you wait to submit your AMCAS the more applicants they have to verify; so, in theory, it takes longer to be verified.

and (i'm not sure about this!) i'm pretty sure you can still get verified without an MCAT score

I submitted my AMCAS Aug. 5th and it is still "ready to be reviewed".

Is anyone else still in this "active" phase (those near my submission date)?

I'm also retaking the MCAT this Thurs. I can't imagine this is what's holding it up, is it?

This wait time is the norm for AMCAS verification, unfortunately. The MCAT score is not the issue, but keep in mind that since you are taking your MCAT on the 2nd of September, most schools won't receive the score until early October, so that's the earliest you'll be complete at any school...so how long AMCAS verification takes doesn't matter too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your replies.

Actually, the way my pre-health committee letter works is that it cannot be uploaded until both my AMCAS and AACOMAS are complete, and since my AMCAS is still "active" it's screwing up my secondary applications to DO schools. So the time when AMCAS gets verified is important. I don't like the policy, but it is what it is...

Thanks for your replies.

Actually, the way my pre-health committee letter works is that it cannot be uploaded until both my AMCAS and AACOMAS are complete, and since my AMCAS is still "active" it's screwing up my secondary applications to DO schools. So the time when AMCAS gets verified is important. I don't like the policy, but it is what it is...

That's a strange policy, but submission at this time (as opposed to early June) takes an excruciatingly long amount of time...as time goes on, verification times grow exponentially from a few days to several weeks. Good luck this cycle!

Thanks for your replies.

AMCAS will not send LORs to the schools until you are "verified". That is their policy and all medical schools are aware of this. However, that has nothing to do with the timing of your undergrad or individual professor sending their LORs. I suspect that is what is going on in your case.

This wait time is the norm for AMCAS verification, unfortunately. The MCAT score is not the issue, but keep in mind that since you are taking your MCAT on the 2nd of September, most schools won't receive the score until early October, so that's the earliest you'll be complete at any school...so how long AMCAS verification takes doesn't matter too much.

I think the MCAT may be the issue. AMCAS will keep the file under "review" until it gets the new MCAT score. At that point, they will "verify" the application and send it to the schools with the LORs (if those are in place)

I think the MCAT may be the issue. AMCAS will keep the file under "review" until it gets the new MCAT score. At that point, they will "verify" the application and send it to the schools with the LORs (if those are in place)

I'm pretty sure one of my friends during the last cycle was verified before his MCAT score came in..he was waiting for his MCAT score to arrive, but I could be wrong. But again, verification does take 4-6 weeks at this point in the cycle...so it's not out of the ordinary for the OP to be waiting, since he/she only submitted in early August.

I submitted my app at 2am on August 4th (day before you) and was verified TODAY!! Woo hoo!

I'm pretty sure one of my friends during the last cycle was verified before his MCAT score came in..he was waiting for his MCAT score to arrive, but I could be wrong. But again, verification does take 4-6 weeks at this point in the cycle...so it's not out of the ordinary for the OP to be waiting, since he/she only submitted in early August.

my AMCAS was verified before my MCAT scores came out. submitted on july 12, processed on aug 5, and i started receiving secondary invites that day. once MCAT scores came out aug. 10 i started receiving a few more invites, and am still waiting on a few more.