AMCAS Update - Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dave2K

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had a meeting with the Univ. Colorado dean of admissions for the medical school, and asked off-hand how the AMCAS fiasco has affected them. This time last year, they had already received a number of primary applications and had already begun scheduling interviews and distributing secondaries (secondary due at time of interview at CU). THIS year, so far they have recieved ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from AMACS!

Let me repeat that: CU medical school has not recieved anything at all. I realize that all schools are different, but at the moment, it is still a disaster. The dean mentioned that they are already considering pushing back their primary application deadline and she is expecting a hectic year for the admissions process. Just thought some people would like to know...

Members don't see this ad.

That sucks about CU, but they don't send out acceptances until March anyway, so I wouldn't expect them to rush anything.

Eric