AMCAS Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

none

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone got one? My pre-med advisors are clueless.

Members don't see this ad.

All premedical and preprofessional advisors who are members of the national advisor organization get weekly updates from AMCAS by e-mail. Their names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses are in the membership directory. AMCAS has no other way of knowing who the advisors are and how to contact them.

The organization is the National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions. PO Box 1518, Champaign, IL 61824-1518
217/355 0063 FAX: 217/355 1287
email: [email protected]

The membership dierctory also has names, etc. of Patron Members of NAAHP, those in admissions work at professional schools, not just medical schools.

Refer your advisors to this if they are in the dark about it also.

MY post earlier this morning about postal delays at AMCAS came directly from the routine e-mail I received yesterday.

The only update I've gotten recently is the Postal Service one below:

delivery to AMCAS
Sender: [email protected]
Precedence: bulk
Reply-To: "AMCAS" <[email protected]>

In response to bio-terrorism concerns, United States Postal Service
(USPS) delivery to Washington D.C. has been delayed for security
reasons, and in some cases re-routed from the main post office.

TRANSCRIPTS, OR OTHER MAIL SENT TO THE AAMC (SUCH AS MCAT SCORE
RELEASE REQUESTS OR SCORE REPORTS) DURING THE PAST THREE WEEKS MAY STILL
BE UNDELIVERED, AND MAY NEVER BE DELIVERED.

Applicants who have submitted transcript(s) within this time frame can
re-send their transcript(s) to AMCAS, and to ask registrars shipping
these transcripts to consider using alternate mail carriers, such as
Federal Express. Please submit all transcripts to AMCAS as far in
advance of your deadline(s) as possible

To help minimize to impact of such delays, we have extended the
following transcript deadlines:

+++For schools whose application deadline is October 15 and transcript
deadline is October 29, we will extend the transcript deadline date two
more weeks to November 12.

+++For schools whose application deadline is November 1 and transcript
deadline is November 15, we will extend the transcript deadline date two
more weeks to November 29.

For additional information on actions taken by the United States Postal
Service, visit the USPS web site at www.usps.gov

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I got those too. But pre-med advisors get updates as to how many apps are verified/submitted. That's kind of what I'm looking for.

I just got put in charge of another volunteer event for my team (coordinate involvement of about 20 people in a Susan G. Komen 5K as volunteers). I also was just offered a job to teach LSAT/MCAT and SAT verbal for Kaplan.

If i wanted to update this on AMCAS, would it slow down processing? If i wanted to add schools, what effect would that have also? Thanks.

I just got put in charge of another volunteer event for my team (coordinate involvement of about 20 people in a Susan G. Komen 5K as volunteers). I also was just offered a job to teach LSAT/MCAT and SAT verbal for Kaplan.

If i wanted to update this on AMCAS, would it slow down processing? If i wanted to add schools, what effect would that have also? Thanks.

6 years old? Way to recycle! J/k. Anyway, I've read that other people added schools between submitting and getting verified, and it didn't slow anything down. As for "updating" stuff on AMCAS like activities after you've submitted, that's just not possible. You'll just want to mention it in your secondaries (there's usually space to add what you're doing this year, or to provide updated info left off of your primary), or send an update letter to each school.