1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

AMCAS verification omitted courses

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by tmh, Aug 10, 2011.

1. tmh

tmh

Pre-Medical
    Hi,

I just had my AMCAS verified. When I originally submitted it I didn't add my AP credits that are on my transcript because I didn't get a grade or credits for them, but I later found that you are supposed to add them. So I called AMCAS and I was told that they add up to 8 courses.

However, on my verified application I don't see any AP courses added. I would like to have AP calculus show up. I can put it in my secondaries, but it seems like it should be on my transcript. Should AMCAS have added the AP courses in? Should I send in a correction request?

Thanks a lot.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. aSagacious

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm not sure you'll be able to change this for the current cycle. According to the AMCAS instruction manual (p.72)

4. Whatyousay

Whatyousay A few loose screws
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    If it makes you feel any better, schools will usually only accept AP credits if the sending institution gave you course credit for your AP scores.

So in your case, I don't really think having the AP credits listed would have done anything for you in the first place.

5. aSagacious

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Oh yeah, this too. :thumbup:

6. tmh

tmh

Pre-Medical
    Alright, thanks. That's what I was originally thinking, in which case I'll get over it. Just talked to someone at AMCAS who seems to think they shouldve been added though and said she'd look into it.

Thanks for the input.