AMCAS verification omitted courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just had my AMCAS verified. When I originally submitted it I didn't add my AP credits that are on my transcript because I didn't get a grade or credits for them, but I later found that you are supposed to add them. So I called AMCAS and I was told that they add up to 8 courses.

However, on my verified application I don't see any AP courses added. I would like to have AP calculus show up. I can put it in my secondaries, but it seems like it should be on my transcript. Should AMCAS have added the AP courses in? Should I send in a correction request?

Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure you'll be able to change this for the current cycle. According to the AMCAS instruction manual (p.72)

Post-Submission Changes
Make certain that you have thoroughly reviewed your application prior to submitting, noting that after the initial submission of your application, you can only make changes to the following sections:
- Required and Alternate IDs.
- Name, including Full Legal Name, Preferred Name, and Alternate Names.
- Contact Information including Permanent and Preferred Mailing Addresses.
- Alternate Contact Information.
- Date of Birth and Sex.
- Letters of Evaluation (only additions of up to 10 letters and notifying AMCAS of a letter no longer being sent).
- Next MCAT testing date.
- Add Medical Schools and change existing Program type (deadlines and restrictions apply).
- Release application information to your pre-health advisor.

You must re-certify and resubmit your application each time you make a change after initial submission.
AMCAS processing may take up to six (6) weeks, and begins once all materials (including all official transcripts required in support of your application) are received.

If it makes you feel any better, schools will usually only accept AP credits if the sending institution gave you course credit for your AP scores.

So in your case, I don't really think having the AP credits listed would have done anything for you in the first place.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it makes you feel any better, schools will usually only accept AP credits if the sending institution gave you course credit for your AP scores.

So in your case, I don't really think having the AP credits listed would have done anything for you in the first place.

Alright, thanks. That's what I was originally thinking, in which case I'll get over it. Just talked to someone at AMCAS who seems to think they shouldve been added though and said she'd look into it.

Thanks for the input.