AMCAS Verification Question - freaking out please help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted821402

I submitted my AMCAS app more than 2 weeks ago (so applied early, but not verified yet). I didn't think twice about this before, but it's been bugging me this morning. I took one dual enrollment class in high school (offered through community college for my high school). My university did not give me any credit for it and it did not get calculated into my GPA, so I did not include it in my AMCAS coursework. Now, I'm panicking, what if that holds up my verification? Can someone please tell me how to proceed from here?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my AMCAS app more than 2 weeks ago (so applied early, but not verified yet). I didn't think twice about this before, but it's been bugging me this morning. I took one dual enrollment class in high school (offered through community college for my high school). My university did not give me any credit for it and it did not get calculated into my GPA, so I did not include it in my AMCAS coursework. Now, I'm panicking, what if that holds up my verification? Can someone please tell me how to proceed from here?
It is irrelevant whether or not your university gave you credit
1) Did you take a college class in HS? Yes/No
2) did you get credit and/or a grade for it? Yes/No
3) does it appear on a college transcript? Yes/No
4) did you report on AMCAS? yes/no

Verification may be the least of your worries. While an investigation and potentially being banned from AMCAS is possible it is unlikely to happen
So here is the situation: you have submitted an application attesting to its accuracy which you wholly responsible for. You have now lied on your application. It is irrelevant as to why you didnt note the course the course, whether intentionally or oversight, it is your responsibility.

So you have two choices. First is do nothing. If AMCAS discovers it, then deal with it then. If they dont find it, If and when you get accepted you can write a "dean letter" saying an oversight on this course, particularly if it is non-science/non math course. This is trivial.
Second, call AMCAS and beg to allow an update to this. However, if you do that, it can easily lead to your entire application being withdrawn for the cycle, losing all funds and not allowed to reapply this cycle. It could, however unlikely, it could lead to being banned from AMCAS. Considering the enormous issues with AMCAS staff and responsiveness, I would go with the first choice
As you are pre-verification, there is a third option:
-email AMCAS apologizing that you forgot to submit a HS dual enrollment transcript, but that it is coming.
-Have the CC Registrar send an original copy of your transcript to AMCAS ASAP with the AMCAS ID attached.
-When you are verified, AMCAS will make the correction.

Read these posts where this approach worked out well for the applicant: 2018-2019 AMCAS Application

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You took the class in high school and it doesn’t show up on your college transcript. You’ll be fine. Just leave it alone. You’re risking way more by drawing attention to it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure I understand how that makes a difference. His university didn’t include it on his transcript, right? So even though he might have taken a college class while still in hs theres no way amcas would know. Or care.

Not sure I understand how that makes a difference. His university didn’t include it on his transcript, right? So even though he might have taken a college class while still in hs theres no way amcas would know. Or care.
Rules, rules, RUUUUULES!!!!!

• Haha
Well basically I think @gonnif and I are saying the same thing (albeit for different reasons) which is do nothing and deal with it later if it comes up.

That is INCORRECT. There is a college that has this class listed (not his home institution). That college class was supposed to be reported
With all due respect, and I say this with the utmost of affection, I think @RJ McReady understands the strict meaning of the rule, and even you admitted that the omission was trivial and was best left alone, so why the disagreement?

im not disagreeing with him, I do understand the strict interpretation of the rule...my only point was it might be better to let sleeping dogs lie.

im not disagreeing with him, I do understand the strict interpretation of the rule...my only point was it might be better to let sleeping dogs lie.
I know -- he was disagreeing with you when he was saying the same thing!!

I would leave it alone now but it will needto be corrected if accepted directly with the med school

I don’t agree with this either. If OP is accepted, why would he need to report it then? It means even less at that point. All that my med schools asked for after acceptance was a final transcript.