Schwann

10+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2008
Status
Hi, I am just wondering since I am applying for the next cycle. What does AMCAS verified mean?

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2008
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
All your info is in and approved.

RySerr21

i aint kinda hot Im sauna
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Hi, I am just wondering since I am applying for the next cycle. What does AMCAS verified mean?
When you submit your primary application to AMCAS, it all has to be verified. One of the parts of the primary app is entering in all of your courses and the grades you received. When you send in your transcript they are going to check what you put in to what your transcript says and change anything if necessary. They will also change a course if you classified it somewhere incorrectly. For example if you put your intro to psychology course under "biology" so that you could sneakily boost your sGPA, they will change it to its appropriate category. Verification can take anywhere from one day (if you submit literally on one of the first days available, which is early june) or several weeks (up to maybe 4-6??). The longer you wait to submit, the longer you will have to wait to be verified. Your app will not be sent to the schools until it is verified so obiously the less time they take to verify the faster schools will start reading your file. Since most schools are rolling admissions, that is why the one thing EVERYONE says is submit your app as early as possible. Good luck!

About the Ads