AMCAS vs AACOMAS in calculating GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dancingdoctor

Dancing since 1985
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it true that when repeating a course, only the last coure grade recieved is considered and calculated into the AACOMAS GPA? However, repeated courses are averaged for the AMCAS GPA?

Also, does a post-bacc program affect the undergrad GPA in the AACOMAS or AMCAS application? How are those GPAs dealt?

Thanks! 😉
 
I am curious too. I have always assumed that all undergraduate courses (including post bacc undergrad) are included in the gpa and averaged even if there are repeats. I have applied to amcas in the past and this is how it is done. However, I am not sure about aacomas. I would like to know because I am applying d.o. as well this year🙂