AMCs Post Covid19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And independent cRna makes more than 250k with little or zero nights and weekends.
Most true independent crnas I know make 350k and up easy. The ones in hospital base make 400-450k.

what?!?!?!? where are crnas making these types of incomes? especially hospital based making 400-450?!?!? please provide more details as I have never heard this.
a few years ago I knew of a group of 1099 crnas that made 350. clever negotiating and defense from surgical colleagues kept that deal in place for a couple years but it was short lived. i have heard deals like this in the past but i thought that they were all falling apart.
i was under the impression than crna compensation was down as the schools have flooded the market. Is this not true?

Members don't see this ad.

what?!?!?!? where are crnas making these types of incomes? especially hospital based making 400-450?!?!? please provide more details as I have never heard this.
a few years ago I knew of a group of 1099 crnas that made 350. clever negotiating and defense from surgical colleagues kept that deal in place for a couple years but it was short lived. i have heard deals like this in the past but i thought that they were all falling apart.
i was under the impression than crna compensation was down as the schools have flooded the market. Is this not true?
I think this is largely urban legend and/or from days past for CRNA jobs taking call all the time and working like a dog in terrible locations.

Reactions: 1 users
I think this is largely urban legend and/or from days past for CRNA jobs taking call all the time and working like a dog in terrible locations.
Not urban legend. One is in California. Religious 7th day (SDA) affiliated hospital. $350k is base before calls and revenue generated. Works out to 425k at minimum.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Not sure why it’s surprising. Anesthesia gets reimbursed at the same rate regardless of solo MD or solo CRNA. If they’re billing/collecting on their own then they’ll be bringing in what a group of MD’s would at the same location.

Reactions: 2 users
Not urban legend. One is in California. Religious 7th day (SDA) affiliated hospital. $350k is base before calls and revenue generated. Works out to 425k at minimum.

This type of gig is rare. No data, but, probably a top 1-5 percentile job for CRNAs. Similar to seven figure anesthesiologist jobs.

I know one hospital in California that is CRNA only. It used to be owned by Adventist Health but was sold to Prime Healthcare (Prem Reddy). It is in an impoverished area with a poor payor mix. I would be surprised if they were making 300k given the payor mix and the reputation of the hospital owner. In the late 1990’s they had anesthesiologists on staff but they moved on to greener pastures.

Why not hire a physician for $500K and decrease your liability? Or do the physicians not want that job...
[/QUOTE]
medicare pass through.

All due to greed. We did this to ourselves. Or rather the older generation and partners started this BS. For the love of money. This country and its healthcare are going down the tubes due to the love of money.
Capitalism at its best.
I have seen the enemy and the enemy is us.

Reactions: 4 users