AMEDD BLOC packing list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JMK16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just selected for 71A (Microbiologist) and will most likely be attending the March AMEDD BOLC (as long as scroll gets done before February) I have tried to find a recent packing list, but only thing I found was from 2010. The BOLC website no longer has the handbook with packing list posted, which makes me believe they may have changed things. If anyone has gone to block in 2014/2015 can they please share a PDF or picture of the packing list, my family wants to help me out with getting uniforms (aka merry Christmas here's some combat boots), and I would like to make sure I have the most current info.

**It will be the same packing list for all MD's, DO's, Biochemist, Vets, and others attending as an officer in BOLC

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You might be struggling to find resources simply due to having the acronym wrong. It's BOLC, try searching the packing list for that. Or go here for some info and contact numbers- http://www.cs.amedd.army.mil/BOLC/

You likely just need a couple sets of ACUs and IPFUs and boots and running shoes (with socks that cover your ankle bones). The rest you can get there. Maybe take a plain black backpack with no visible logos. And a reflective PT belt, yellow I believe is the tribal custom there.

You'll be ok. Don't sweat it. They run short of uniforms at the clothing sales there precisely because many of your classmates will show up completely wrong and will go buy what they need to get right.

Life's about to get weird.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the correction. I was planning on getting a couple sets of PT and ACUs... Was wondering how hot it is in TX for March, if I would be okay with summer PTs or should get the long sleeve and pants also. Normally wouldn't plan this far ahead, but since I have family wanting to get me stuff for Christmas I may as well have a few options ready for them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just selected for 71A (Microbiologist) and will most likely be attending the March AMEDD BOLC (as long as scroll gets done before February) I have tried to find a recent packing list, but only thing I found was from 2010. The BOLC website no longer has the handbook with packing list posted, which makes me believe they may have changed things. If anyone has gone to block in 2014/2015 can they please share a PDF or picture of the packing list, my family wants to help me out with getting uniforms (aka merry Christmas here's some combat boots), and I would like to make sure I have the most current info.

**It will be the same packing list for all MD's, DO's, Biochemist, Vets, and others attending as an officer in BOLC

Bring ACU uniforms as well as APFT uniforms to include the reflective belt. You should have weekends off so bring some civilian clothes. You will be in the field for at least one week. Most of the gear you'd need for that will be issued at Ft Sam for the field exercise.

Summer PT gear is fine during the day. It may be a little chilly at night or early mornings so it may not be a bad idea to bring the long pants and long sleeve shirt (or jacket) for the APFT uniform.

Thanks, any boot recommendations? It looks like the majority are in men's sizes.... So women's 9 would be men's 7.5 has any female found that the guys boots were to wide?

Thanks, any boot recommendations? It looks like the majority are in men's sizes.... So women's 9 would be men's 7.5 has any female found that the guys boots were to wide?

No clue on the boot sizes for conversion from men to women. When I got accepted to HPSP, the recruiter went with me to a military base in my area and helped me get what I needed. If you are accepted, then you can get an ID card and go on whatever base is near you. Get some tops and bottoms for the ACUs (or the new one). Get top and bottoms of the IPFUs. You should get a uniform allowance since this is your first purchase. Just lean on your recruiter. Mine was really helpful. Though this was over 10 years ago.

Bring winter PTs, you never know when they will randomly require them. I wear an 8.5 women's and have 6.5 danners for boots. Are you also attending pre-BOLC?

I showed up with 2 sets of ACUS and 2 summer PTs and 1 winter set. It was enough to get started. They are pretty patient and will square you away. (That was 4 yrs ago...)

Reactions: 1 user