American Grading System

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amalgamgrillz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm considering doing the SMP at Barry University, however I'm very intimidated by the grading system they use:

A = 90+ = 4.0
B = 80-89 = 3.0
C = 70-79 = 2.0
etc..

I was wondering if it's "hard" to pull off all 90s? This is near impossible at my undergrad school, and 80s (4.0) are very VERY respectable. I know every school is different, so I was wondering if anyone went a school with this kind of grading system, and if you could give some feedback on if it was easy to get 90s?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I'm considering doing the SMP at Barry University, however I'm very intimidated by the grading system they use:

A = 90+ = 4.0
B = 80-89 = 3.0
C = 70-79 = 2.0
etc..

I was wondering if it's "hard" to pull off all 90s? This is near impossible at my undergrad school, and 80s (4.0) are very VERY respectable. I know every school is different, so I was wondering if anyone went a school with this kind of grading system, and if you could give some feedback on if it was easy to get 90s?

I don't know how the grading system is in Canada, but I did study abroad in England where an A (4.0) =70+. I found it to be very comparable to our classes. It seemed to me that getting an A here and there was pretty similar. It just so happened that they were set at different percents. Getting a 75 there took the same amount of effort as getting a 95 here with a few exceptions. The hard sciences courses that I have taken here are much harder because they were curved and how you did in the course depended on other students' mastery of the subject as well as yours. If Barry grades on a non-curved scale, I don't think you'll have any problems. Besides, going into it being scared is good because you're going to want to work harder than the others to stand out in an SMP. GOOD LUCK!