American International College...HELP!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Savas15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was recently accepted into AIC and was wondering if anyone has been through or is currently attending the program. I received a $32,000 scholarship ($8,000/year) that would go toward the program. After doing some more research I am starting to have second thoughts about attending this school. A lot of students that reviewed the school on a website I visited said horrible things about the living conditions and the education (I am not sure if the OT program is different). I am almost ready to drop my spot and reapply to other programs next year. I really would like some more information.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Here is the link of student reviews I read:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i went to go visit when i got my acceptance in march. the surrounding area isnt the nicest. i personally couldnt see myself there so i told them no. and will be reapplying. I spoke to some students on my tour and they told me they have heard of people having altercations with people in the community. The ot program itself seemed really nice but again the area is what did it for me since i would have to be 3 hours away from home. Hope this helps you

Yea, I also visited and could not see myself living there. I still have not come to a conclusive decision. I live over 2 hours away and I would have to live in a dorm. I have tried getting a hold of students that attended AIC for OT in the past and have had trouble doing so.

Yea, I also visited and could not see myself living there. I still have not come to a conclusive decision. I live over 2 hours away and I would have to live in a dorm. I have tried getting a hold of students that attended AIC for OT in the past and have had trouble doing so.

There's a facebook group called MSOT @ AIC. Did you get invited to that?? Because I believe that would be your best bet in terms of getting in touch with students that are currently at AIC.

Hello everyone, I was recently accepted into AIC and was wondering if anyone has been through or is currently attending the program. I received a $32,000 scholarship ($8,000/year) that would go toward the program. After doing some more research I am starting to have second thoughts about attending this school. A lot of students that reviewed the school on a website I visited said horrible things about the living conditions and the education (I am not sure if the OT program is different). I am almost ready to drop my spot and reapply to other programs next year. I really would like some more information.

Thank you
I currently attend AIC and I'm in the OT program. I am from out of state, and relocated to Massachusetts from over 10 hours away. The surrounding area by the school is not considered the best, but I know many students in the program that actually ended up housing together, in surrounding areas of Springfield and have great experiences in their housing choices. In a way, its like any other big city...you have to know where to go and not to go. I have never felt in danger walking in or around campus. As for the website listed, that does not really apply to professional programs. The program itself offers great opportunities for students beginning from when you start the program. The program allows students to be very hands on, and engage in fieldwork experiences starting their second semester. If you have any additional specific questions, please feel free to message me.

I just sent a request to join the facebook group "MSOT @ AIC"

OTbaily a message was sent

Last edited:

Thank you
I just finished my first year at AIC and I absolutely loved it. I met a lot of great people in the program and learned a lot. Like you, I was hesitant at first because I was moving all the way from California and knew nothing about the area, but I'm glad I did. All your classes will be located in one building and it's always during daytime.

Thank you

I know this is an old thread so not sure if I'll get any response but I was also just recently accepted to the A.I.C DPT program and I wanted to know how you were awarded your scholarship (did you apply for this specifically outside of the school) and also did you finally decide to attend A.I.C or did you decline? Only reason I'm asking about the scholarship is because I cannot afford to go to A.I.C without one and their financial aid office told me they do not offer any scholarships/grants to grad students.

I know this is an old thread so not sure if I'll get any response but I was also just recently accepted to the A.I.C DPT program and I wanted to know how you were awarded your scholarship (did you apply for this specifically outside of the school) and also did you finally decide to attend A.I.C or did you decline? Only reason I'm asking about the scholarship is because I cannot afford to go to A.I.C without one and their financial aid office told me they do not offer any scholarships/grants to grad students.
Hey, when you applied for fasfa did financial aid not give you enough loans to cover for the school year.

Hey, when you applied for fasfa did financial aid not give you enough loans to cover for the school year.

I haven't decided if I'm going to go there yet. I'm sure I can take out Grad Plus loans but I'm not trying to borrow over 6 figures for tuition. A.I.C is charging $45, 690/ year in tuition alone for the DPT program, not to mention you need additional funding for cost of living unless you plan on working while attending which it is strongly recommended by the school that you don't. The cost of attendance is very concerning for me, it is about 30K more than other private schools in CT.

Oh ok. I understand however my plan is to go ahead and start the program and then transfer to a school that's much cheaper. Rather than waiting another year applying to other programs.

I would like to update everyone. Although I was hesitant, I am glad to say that I have no regrets after completing my first two semesters in the Occupational Therapy Program at American International College. The program itself is great and the people within are very friendly. My passion for OT has grown dramatically since attending the school. In regards to the Springfield area, it is not the greatest place but I have never had any problems. There are always security guards patrolling the campus and all classes are held during the day. Now to answer your tuition questions...I would recommend that you call American International College...as I do not posses knowledge of the financial components of the DPT program. If you have any other questions I will be more than willing to answer.