American Quota at McGill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fluorinator

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any insight as to how the American Quota works? Can you apply for positions other than PGY-1? I have looked on the McGill sight and don't see how you determine how many positions are available or in what specialties? Thanks in advance.
 
Are you talking about residency positions or medical school positions at McGill? I'm aware of the American quota for medical school positions but I haven't heard of there being any specific numbers of residency spots open to Americans. In fact, with the current residency crunch (very soon there will be more medical students than residency spots available) I would think they wouldn't have any residency spots open specifically for nonCanadians. And if they do, I know of a few classmate who will be pissed to hear that.