American Student Studying in Foreign Country

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ice_age_revenge

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys,

So like the title says, I am a D2 American Student studying at a foreign country. I have so many questions in regards to obtaining licensure back in the states when im done. Any information would greatly be appreciated! So to my knowledge so far, I would have to:
a) Pass part 1 of the Dental Boards
b) Take the TOEFL (which shouldnt be harsh for me)
c) Apply to a International program for Foreign Educated Dentsits
d) Take some sort of Bench Test???

Q: What are the chances of Fresh Graduates being admitted?
 
try to do part 1 after you finish D2 so, you have enough time to complete part 2after graduate bc most of dental schools require part 1,2 and even if not required you have better chance if u pass both parts. try to get good GPA and I think you have better chances than others. I am not sure if there are a lot of student studying dentistry out of states but I think u will compete with American student that studying out of states only not with others.
 
You will compete mostly with graduates from the same country. The more candidates, the worse is the competition
Get the best GPA you can get, get involved in research, make sure you get the best reference letters possible
Review the CAAPID and see what is required