American University of the Carribean opening U.S. D.O. School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hold on, is this RVU?

I'm pretty sure it is. When I saw the thread title I was like, wait, another one? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

well... I mean if its stationed in colorado, wouldn't its graduates be Unites states DOs? I think its going to be accredited just like any other DO schools.... the only huge different will be that this is going to be "another" for-profit DO program

As long as these "for profit" schools provide good medical education along with thier graduates entering good residency spots...I really don't see any problem with them.

Members don't see this ad :)
rocky vista is not a school you want to attend unless you absolutely have to. you cannot get federal loans or grants which means that unless you have a job you will be taking out PRIVATE LOANS in excess of 60K per year. of course if you are a colorado resident you can apply for a 10% tuition rediction. wow, $3,800 on tuition of 38,000. thats a huge savinings. it really doesnt matter seeing how you will be paying around 10% interest on your private loans. also i have heard that they are not allowing the entire class to take the boards. only a certain percentage of graduates are allowed to take them. i dont understand how that works or if its true but thats the rumor.

rocky vista is not a school you want to attend unless you absolutely have to. you cannot get federal loans or grants which means that unless you have a job you will be taking out PRIVATE LOANS in excess of 60K per year. of course if you are a colorado resident you can apply for a 10% tuition rediction. wow, $3,800 on tuition of 38,000. thats a huge savinings. it really doesnt matter seeing how you will be paying around 10% interest on your private loans. also i have heard that they are not allowing the entire class to take the boards. only a certain percentage of graduates are allowed to take them. i dont understand how that works or if its true but thats the rumor.

Can't get federal loans at Pacific either.
Who did you hear about not having students take boards?

Can't get federal loans at Pacific either.
Who did you hear about not having students take boards?

Please don't feed the trolls. This is an old, revived thread full of misinformation and details that we are all already aware of... the proposed board limitation RUMOR is BS.

img3.jpg