Amount of Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kussemek

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, another question. I hate to be annoying, but I will be taking the last of my pre-med req's this year, that being physics. I am not at all excited about it as I have avoided it like the plague for the past two years. Hopefully it wont be as difficult as Orgo (for some reason I have it drilled in my head that orgo is easier than physics). Anyhow, I am anticipating taking the April MCAT and am wondering if I will be okay with the amount of physics I will have learned for the exam. If I sit for the April exam, I would have a semester and the majority of a second semesters worth of physics...is that enough? I may be asking a really dumb question, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Different people will find Ochem easier than physics or physics easier than ochem...depends on the type of person, I suppose. I thought physics was far more intuitive, and thus easier, than ochem. I also thought ochem was easier than general inorganic chemistry.

Don't be intimidated by physics. General physics isn't as hard as most people will tell you.

As long as your physics class covers through wave optics, then you're good.

Members don't see this ad :)
As long as you can do long division by hand, you're good to go in the physical sciences.

For ochem, here is a list of what should be thought of to answer MOST questions:

1) Stable Carbocation
2) Markinokov or Anti
3) If there's a carbonyl, eye it suspiciously the go to rule #4 **
4) Follow the electrons **
5) Steric hinderances
6) Differences between Sn1 and Sn2

Hope this helps.