Analog vs Digital Watch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CATSandKILOS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find any recent threads on this topic.

Those who have taken the MCAT recently were you allowed to use an analog or digital watch?

Members don't see this ad.

Analog watches and digital watches are both explicitly and strictly forbidden. If they accidentally let you in wearing a watch, and then they discover the watch half way through the exam, there is a serious risk they will report you to the AAMC for cheating and you will never be allowed to retake the MCAT, and you will never receive a score.

At my testing center, the computer said how many minutes were left in the current section (or in the current break), and there were multiple wall clocks saying the time of day. The computer did not say the time of day, and I could imagine that some test centers don't have as many clocks, so you may not be able to see a clock from your seat.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told that it's pretty variable among testing centers. I was advised to call my local testing center and ask their policy. Also I heard try using an analog, and set it to noon at the start of each section so you can easily see how long it's been.

You don't need a watch for the MCAT. Take your practice tests without a watch if you're concerned about it.

The timer is readily visible at all times.