1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Analysis of metabolic control

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by DingoPingo, Aug 14, 2015.

1. DingoPingo

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    There's a section for the MCAT:
    Principles of Metabolic Regulation (BC)
    -Regulation of metabolic pathways (BIO, BC)
    -Maintenance of a dynamic steady state
    -Regulation of glycolysis and gluconeogenesis
    -Metabolism of glycogen
    -Regulation of glycogen synthesis and breakdown
    -Allosteric and hormonal control
    -Analysis of metabolic control

My question is in regards to the last one, analysis of metabolic control. Does anyone know what this is referring to? Wikipedia talks about some mathematical framework that I've never seen before, and Kaplan books talk about respirometry and calorimeters. Anyone have a better idea of how to analyze metabolic control? Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kanda1o

Pre-Medical
    Hmm. that seems to me to be a broad term concerning all the various ways our body controls metabolism. Basically by regulating all the different pathways mentioned above with hormones, NT's, and all that good stuff. But that's just my two cents....