Anatomy Class at CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hildebjl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I will be starting at CCOM in the fall and was wondering if anyone could tell me what you learn first in anatomy?...whether it be the extremities, thorax yada yada. I was given netter's anatomy flash cards and figured i would familiarize myself before i begin school ( yeah my job is really that boring :) )

And on another note.....i was curious as to what everyone's study habits were in undergrad and if they changed for medical school. If so, what works for you now. After talking to my roomie (who's at miami med and who studied very similiar to me in undergrad) Ive come to the realization that i'm going to have to make a drastic change...im just trying to ease my transition. Btw, i was a hard core note taker. And who goes to class? My roomate told me that was a waste of time as well:)

Thanks for the input!!

Members don't see this ad.

First, I would recommend that you just enjoy the summer and don't bother studying. I know you are anxious to start but just relax and enjoy the summer. The teachers at CCOM are excellent and will guide you through.

Regarding the order: Test 1- Back, Test 2 - torso (includes cardio/pulmonary, GI, renal, hepatic), Test 3 - pelvis and upper lower extremities (end of first trimester). Winter term: Test 4 - Rest of the lower extremities plus upper extremities, Test 5 and 6 - head and neck for the remainder of the term.

Regarding study habits: Most likely your undergraduate study habits will be significantly modified and streamlined. Personally, my study habits drastically changed for the better.

Good luck and enjoy the summer

FYI...The anatomy dept has changed the gross curriculum beginning with the class of 2012. The class will still be taught over two quarters but you'll now receive only one grade (worth 13 credits I think). They've also incorporated embryo into gross. The department was also discussing cutting the number of exams from 6 to 4, but I'm not sure if that change will be instituted. They'll probably still start with back, but given all the changes, I wouldn't count on it.

thanks to the both of you for your input...i appreciate it.