Anatomy Lecture recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leturbinator

Good luck everyone applying this year!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm really excited to be starting med school next year. I was recommended by my school to start familiarizing myself with anatomy in terms of terminology. However, I was thinking it wouldn't hurt to look at anatomy videos (even though I know, it's my last summer where I'll truly be free but I'm still neurotic). Does anyone have any recommendations for lectures where I can casually watch dissections and learn the terminology associated with anatomy?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there!

I'm really excited to be starting med school next year. I was recommended by my school to start familiarizing myself with anatomy in terms of terminology. However, I was thinking it wouldn't hurt to look at anatomy videos (even though I know, it's my last summer where I'll truly be free but I'm still neurotic). Does anyone have any recommendations for lectures where I can casually watch dissections and learn the terminology associated with anatomy?

Thanks!
You can read Rohens anatomy, thats the closest I can think to dissection videos. If you are interested in the the didactic anatomy there are plenty of choices for free on youtube.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there!

Thanks!
As an adjunct, suggest this as well:
TeachMeAnatomy

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anatomyguy.com
Watch his dissection videos before every lab, they'll help you actually get something out of it.
UMich has practice questions that are EXCELLENT I'd dig for the link, but I'm sure you can find it. Also, if you're just insanely excited about med school and you want to be surgeon (because who doesn't as a newbie...) check out GIBLIB. They have free surgical videos, and they're from renowned surgeons who actually explain what they're doing.

If you really want to hit the ground running, take some time to familiarize yourself with Anki or Quizzlet and be ready to build decks from day one.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi there!

Thanks!

Dude congrats!!! I’d recommend getting an app actually — Human Anatomy 2018 by “visible body” has augmented reality dissections and is super cool. Saved my butt in that class and would be a really fun way to get an intro to anatomy before hitting the lab in conjunction w watching some of the lectures listed above.

But...

Don’t over-do it. Med school is actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it and don’t gun too hard.

The one in the middle (can’t figure out how to insert photos):
Dropbox - IMG_0409.PNG

Reactions: 1 users